Thursday, January 2, 2014

Beauty and The Goth







Typically, we shoot for the blog separately. Sure, we work together, and spend most of our weekends together - but, when shooting for the blog our schedules never click, and we're left posing solo. 

So, today when we had the opportunity to shoot together, it was more than fun! I (Hillary) don't normally wear dresses (even in the summer.) But, when I received these ShoeMint booties, I knew that they needed to be paired with a flirty dress. And with the New Year New You mentality, it  motivated me to do a cleaning haul on my closet, this resulting in me finding this hidden gem that I hadn't worn in forever! 

Ali and I's style(s) are completely different, but that doesn't mean I don't sit at my desk all day at work and covet her latest wardrobe additions. Not only do I have closet-envy, but I have complexion-envy as well. I would die to be able to pull off a deep purple/red lip like she does! Ali killed it in her boho-goth-esque number today! Her maxi being from IntiMint.com and her dope kimono being vintage (die!) 

If you'd like to look effortlessly chic, you can grab similar styles here: 

Hillary:
-My Shoes are ShoeMint and they are mocks of the most coveted Saint Laurnet Booties. If you can get away with picking these up, PLEASE Do! My version is sold out now - but you can grab a similar pairs here! and these Kenzo booties are on sale!! 

Dress: My dress is from Free People circa 2010, but you can grab a similar version here! (also on SALE!)


Ali's outfit deets:

Maxi Dress
Sunnies
Suede Mini-Backpack
Since Ali's kimono is vintage, we unfortunately all can't have it. But, you can grab a similar one here!

XX
Hillary

Photos by the lovely Gabrielle Martinez.

4 comments: